World-renowned children’s book illustrator Qin Leng will make her eagerly awaited debut as an author at our 11th Annual TOTSAPALOOZA festival. Kids aged 2-8 can celebrate this milestone with Fay & Fluffy’s Drag Queen Story Time, author Emil Sher, and indie rock all-stars The Woodshed Orchestra. Presented in partnership with The Children’s Book Bank, “TOTSAPALOOZA 11: A Day With Qin Leng & Friends,” is on Saturday, February 2nd, 1-3pm, at Revival Bar (783 College St).
TOTSAPALOOZA sells out every year. Get your tickets early: click here.
● After illustrating over 30 beloved and bestselling children’s books, Qin Leng unveils her debut picture book as an author, I Am Small. Qin will conduct a drawing demonstration.
● Drag Performers JP (Fay Schlift) and Kaleb (Fluffy Soufflé) run their widely celebrated, interactive reading program, Drag Queen Storytime.
● A sneak preview of Mine.Yours by Marsha Diane Arnold, illustrated by Qin Leng, which will be published in April, 2019. (Thanks to KidsCan Press, advance copies will be available for purchase at the event).
● Award-winning author Emil Sher shares his bestselling book Away, illustrated by Qin Leng.
● Legendary drummer Dave Clark (Rheostatics, Dinner Is Ruined, Gord Downie) pilots The Woodshed Orchestra’s five-piece horn section, four-piece rhythm section and full-ensemble vocals, in a soulful mash up of classic dance styles from around the world.
PERENNIAL AUDIENCE FAVOURITES RETURN:
● Choreographer Ann-Marie Williams will conduct audience dance sessions. ● Dress up and create a souvenir of the day at PhaseOne Entertainment’s Photo Booth.
● Kensington Market mainstay Wanda’s Pie-in-the-Sky will fuel partygoers of all ages with healthy, handmade snacks from their pop-up bakery.
Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event.
TOTSAPALOOZA LASTS ALL YEAR All proceeds from TOTSAPALOOZA enable us to offer literary programs to kids aged 2-12 across the GTA, FREE of charge, throughout the year.
THE CHILDREN’S BOOK BANK provides books and literacy support to children living in low-income neighborhoods across Toronto. Since 2008, the Book Bank has operated and offered various programs at a beautiful storefront space located in the Regent Park/St. James Town neighborhood. Visit: childrensbookbank.com
Advance Tickets are now available: click here